Sunday, April 18, 2010

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."


"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." E. E. Cummings

A while ago, I taped a fortune cookie fortune to my desk. It reads, "Never let an opportunity pass you by." That is very vague and cheesy-go-get-em-tiger, but it has reminded me to be more impulsive and less play-it-safe. Too often people have called me up asking to hang out and I have withdrawn into my cave (read: room).
Tonight, my friends M and J (haha, MJ, get it, like Spiderman's girlfriend? eh? no? ok, sorry...) called me up and we went on a magical journey to Wal Mart.
Now I really don't like Wal Mart, BUT, we had fun adventures romping around the craft section, playing with fake bananas, and throwing yarn. Wal Mart is big enough to do stuff like that and not get in trouble.
After that we went to Ihop, again, on a whim. We ate delicious junk food and laughed at practically nothing. The atmosphere was 80% laughing and 20% frivolous idea-formulating.
"What if we all bought fake bananas and randomly picked them up throughout the day and started talking into them?"
Sigh.
It's nights like this that I am very glad to be able to stay out late on school nights and (theoretically) not regret it in the morning.

Speaking of the morning! We are doing collages in art class. I'm excited to share all of my beautiful collaging materials with my classmates. Or, rather, the 4 Art 107 students. Tiniest class EVER, gosh I love college. <3

Sorry for the image-less update. Tomorrow I will likely have some dragons for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment