Monday, April 19, 2010

I like chickens, Eddy!!

Today's post brought to you by my friend Stark's computer! It's super cute and tiny, I feel like I could put it in my pocket and go jogging with it and not notice. But then again, my laptop is a monster (17"), so, there's that.

Anyway, I said I'd have a dragon drawing this time, but instead I bring you this.


Ah, art class. Our model ditched on us last minute, so our beginning sketchbook theme was "the invisible model". My teacher is pretty funny like that.
I also brought a massive bag of random collage supplies that I have obsessively hoarded over the past few months. (Collaging is addictive, if you don't like to collect and hoard, I'd recommend not doing it. ... Aw who am I kidding. Collage, you fools!) Anyway, everyone was really glad to have had the chance to use antique paper and photographs instead of dated fashion and gossip magazines. So I found a couple chicken-related things out of the piles and piles of stuff. Ribbons, photos, newspaper clippings, old drawings, thread, buttons, textured paper... it was a treasure trove of AWESOME. To me, anyway.
I came up with this. It might have a meaning or some deeper explanation, but to me, it's just because I think chickens are quite awesome animals. (I've got three of them, they are near and dear to my heart!) And if I were at my own computer, I would share photos of them.
But I have overstayed my welcome on Stark's adorable little baby laptop.
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment