Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Only 5 Days

That's what I have to keep telling myself, lately. Only 5 days. My boyfriend's gone to a faraway place called California for a few days and I was unable to go with him. Sometimes I wish I had never gotten that job at that grocery store. Money is nice to have, but I miss my freedom. Then again, I am saving money to be able to move out in a year... Sigh. I am very torn. I'm giving up my freedom in order to have it later. I need to push aside my impatience and keep reminding myself how lucky I am to have a job and how much easier life will be if I have a nice fluffy money-cushion to fall back on. I'm just going to tough it out working all the time and selling art. Maybe at the moment I'm just bitter and resentful and sad. I need someone to blame for my not being able to leave with him: my job will make a lovely scapegoat. Sigh, again.
I imagine him driving in his truck, the windows down, the sun shining, the traffic (hopefully) light and fast. He is listening to the mix CD I made for him, he is thinking of me, he isn't worried and he is very much in love.

I think I need to watch a really sad/touching movie. Sometimes all you need is a good cry.

---

That aside, I've been working on a new website. It's got some typos and I need to include a new page or two, but that aside, it's coming along nicely. Wix has some cool website customization tools once you get over the fact that Flash is garbage. Maybe soon I can start paying for my own domain name, or transfer the website to my old one, www.colorsmith.com/kirai. Either would be fine with me. In the end, this is a major work-in-progress.

Also new: more Sprites. Are you surprised?




If I weren't feeling very lazy at the moment I would resize those photos...
The top Sprite is going to his new home soon: my good friend Jennise. His rainbow markings were all sorts of fun to paint, but my personal favorite is the sleeping one. I can imagine him sleeping on someone's computer screen, work desk, or dashboard. Once I get my boxes to ship them, the Sprites are going on my Etsy for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment