Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Design, New Purpose

Hello all! These new blog designs are quite stylish, don't you agree? But that is not all I have to say!


As you may or may not know, I work in a deli. A corporate grocery store chain's deli. I fry food, mix salads, toss garbage, sweep, mop, wipe up meat juice, deal with my intolerable manager, and up-sell crappy food to customers (among other unsavory things). I have to have this job to save money for when I move out of the house to live on my own and go to a four-year university. I appreciate the fact that I am paid and have a job, all the same, but in the end this job is grating on my sanity. Every day I dread going in to work, and that sort of negativity is never healthy for any mind. At this point it's not hard to admit I'm complaining: I really do not like my job and I miss the freedom that came with being unemployed. I feel that any other sort of retail or grunt-work job would be better (what could be worse than hot oil burns and waste-food-dishwater-soup?). But why settle for that when I have artistic gifts at my fingertips? I can paint, draw, sew, sculpt, and design! Therefore, I am seeking alternative employment to replace my current, disgusting job. And by alternative employment, I mean Etsy craft selling and art galleries.
So far I have written my plans in a well organized list. Materials shopping list, action plans, costs, product ideas, etc. Doing this will hopefully do a few things.
A) Earn money
B) Improve my self-promotion drive (ya gotta have it in order to be a freelance anything)
C) Give me more to blog about!

So, wish me luck. This will take all of my determination. I want this very badly, though, and it will be good for me as well! Good for my future, my present, and most of all: good for my mental health. I can do this. I need this!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! =D We all have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT! you know i'd buy ANYTHING you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig that chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to following your blog and wanted to stop in and say hi!
    Just from what I've seen on your site I can tell that you are an incredibly talented artist!
    I know that you already know this about yourself, but it's nice to hear it from others sometimes. Don't settle, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete